We have a tried and tested 4-step process for creating our salmon products.
- Our fish are selected according to our uncompromising desire to produce the finest quality smoked salmon
- The fish are reared in the cool, clear waters of the Atlantic Ocean under the strictest environmental standards
- Our qualified health consultant personally audits all of our suppliers
- We insist on our fish being lean and well fed, thus providing a superb firm fleshed specimen
- Upon arrival at our smokehouse, the fish are checked to ensure they meet our exact specification
- The fish are hand filleted by our highly skilled craftsmen, then salted using our own traditional method
- This curing procedure, which lasts for at least 24 hours, is a vital part of our process
- The natural salt helps absorb large quantities of water that may remain in the fillets, thus reducing the risk of bacteria surviving and helping to prepare the flesh for ease of slicing.
- The fillets are placed in our smoking kilns, where pure oak dust is slowly passed over them. This imparts a wonderful colour and texture
- The smoked fillets are then left to mature, allowing the delicious mild, creamy, smoky flavour to develop
- After another quality check, the fillets are trimmed by hand and all bones removed
- The fillets are then thinly sliced and expertly prepared to our customers’ individual requirements.
- All staff are stringently trained to our bespoke food safety and hygiene standards
- Our process is monitored and conforms to the rigorous standard laid down by SALSA Food Safety Standards.